Monday, June 30, 2008

Intro to Religion

I woke up today very excited about going to class. I can't really explain why I get so excited when I begin a new class. I think I love the idea of learning and the possibility of new knowledge gives me a strange rush.

My professor today in Intro to Religion, I think was so bent on making himself seem objective and distanced, "intellectual" about religion, that he came across as angry and religion hating. He has a phd in religion, he can't hate it.

I think it's very strange to approach religion as a social phenomenon.

That's all for now.

Oh but my professor's name is Timothy Luckritz Marquis and I sat in class making a list of nicknames for him. Timmy, Lucky, Lucky Tim. The possibilities are endless.

I also drew a picture of him. Maybe I'll show you later.

real time: 11:19 PM, bed time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, yuk. You drew a picture of your old crusty prof. That is borderline creepster hehe. :)

-Dan

Emerly Sue said...

Hey Dan.! I am not borderline creepy, I just have to keep myself awake!

Katie said...

that's an inventive way to keep yourself awake... I wonder if you prof. has as many nicknames as I do

Emily said...

"Lucky Tim and the social phenomena"
(it's his band name)

Truthfully Thinking said...

I like Lucky Tim, but based on how his heart seems, I somehow doubt he is lucky.....

Megan said...

bahahaha... Lucky Tim.