Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today in church Greg said, "Jesus messed with the pharisees feng shui" and I laughed.

Today I woke up and I was very tired. I was planning on going to two church services: one at Grace so I could go to the Glenwood tutoring kids' bake sale and two at Spring Garden because I am so lonely for community these days. I decided to sleep in and just go to Grace instead because I really needed to rest because I've been working a lot and really, staying up much later then I've intended to. I finally got up at 10, dragged myself to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee and dragged back to the bathroom for a shower. Once in the shower, I began to wake up and I started thinking about all of the Glenwood kids and I got so freaking excited. I think the prospect of seeing the kids made me more excited than Christmas did this past year. I'm not kidding. I don't really know the middle schoolers because all the kids I've worked with have been fourth graders but I know a couple of the younger kid's siblings, and I was excited to see them. I hoped that I would see Julio, Lesli's older brother and Jason, who I drove to Grace for tutoring with his younger sister Jessica. I walked up to Grace and there was Jason. I was so excited and so, so glad to see him. And all the kids really. Even if I didn't know them, a lot of them I recognized. I wanted to hug every single one of them, but of course that wouldn't have been cool. So instead, I chatted with Jason. It was so good and so missed. Those children are so precious. I don't mean precious as in "aren't they cute," I mean as in so valuable and so dear to me. God has taught me so much about unconditional love through those kids. And so much about myself and who I am.

When I first began tutoring, that's when I really first began to find out what I was passionate about, and so I changed my major to Education and English. They are why I get up and go to school. I can't imagine my life without them.

I really miss them more than anyone else this summer and that is saying something.


(Me and Jason at the United Healthcare Marathon, bahaha.)

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

jason looks excited to be in the picture.

and in regards to the title of your post, my pastor quoted the office today and that made me laugh

racherie said...

yayyy this is exactly how i feel about my kids at school. i get to start my kindergarten class in 2 months... counting down already...

Truthfully Thinking said...

Oh is that how you spell it? I don't suppose they had their doors painted red anyway..... did they have doors?