Thursday, June 19, 2008

This is a happy post, I think.

Last night the air was delicious and we opened the windows. It was so nice to sleep with the windows open and it gave me the opportunity to take pictures of the gorgeous moon.


See?

And since I was at the window it gave me the opportunity to watch this man put flyers on everyone's car. I wanted to yell out my window, "HEY don't you put that on my car!" I was too afraid. I'm not sure what I expected the man on the ground to do to me on the third floor, except run up the stairs and and kick down my door and drop kick me...Last time someone put a flyer on my car, it rained, and it got stuck to my windshield. It's okay, I took incriminating pictures.

Oh but the fireflies were finally out. It's like waiting to see someone every year and when you finally see them, it's so exciting. I don't know what friend that would be, but it's exciting. It was the best surprise ever, I walked into the park and there they all were, waiting, glowing. I caught one and it lit up in my hand. I can say with some certainty that it is summer.

Sometimes I'm moving so quickly that I don't get to notice everything that's so wonderful all around me. Oh Greensboro, you're lovely. [The rest of the world is lovely too, but I think I like Greensboro the best from what I've seen.]


currently eating/drinking: Funfetti cake and Chai tea, mmm.
current real time: 3:31

currently watch: Gilmore Girls (shocker...I know...) Season 3

1 comment:

Truthfully Thinking said...

That is a great photo - you really have a gift. Did I ever tell you my business idea.... I think its a pretty good one.