Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tomorrow, I will type up my Rockbridge notes. But for tonight, this:

I was babysitting tonight, like 30 minutes after I got back from Rockbridge, which was crazy, but necessary. I was helping Singer London, age 9 monthes, learn to walk. She had her hand on a chest and the lid fell shut and she began to cry. I picked her up and held her; big tears were rolling down her cheeks. I felt so bad, and as I kissed her head, I couldn't help but wish she didn't have to experience the pain of learning to walk. I realized that if she never experienced that, she wouldn't learn to walk at all. Sometimes pain is a part of learning and growing. Just because I allowed her to learn from her pain, didn't mean that I loved her less. I began to think about God. How he lets us learn from pain. Just because pain happens doesn't mean he's not present, just like I was right there for Singer London, ready to pick her up and kiss her tears away.

I learn a lot about God from kids.




Leah wrote this: leah loves emily.

No comments: