Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Choosing to believe what we experiance, or what God tells us is true.

Currently listening to: Heart (Unplugged) Working Title
Currently drinking: Decaf coffee from Spring Garden Bakery

I would like to put some sort of disclaimer here. I think that people who know me will find that I am a happy, well adjusted person, and sometimes it seems that on here my posts are sort of melancholy. I just want to strive to be as genuine as possible, and genuine people have real feelings, so pardon me. I really am happy; I am surrounded by delightful people and live in my favorite city ever, it's just that sometimes I get over process-y. (:

Today my parents came from Wake Forest to see Chelsea get an award for her portfolio. It would have been awesome if it were a portfolio for art. But it was a portfolio for English.(I mean, it was still awesome.) I remember when I was little, every year, my science project won first place until the first year Chelsea competed with me, and then I didn't win and she did. So often, I feel that I have nothing to offer my family. Nothing that makes me special. Nothing that I do well. Chelsea's an artist, Lindy's a musician. I like art. I like music, and I play at the guitar, but I'm not outstanding in either area. My major isn't even based on a skill. If you can read or write, you can be an English major. People that have tried every other major narrow it down to English. (Of course, I love it.) Maybe teaching takes some skill. I just sat there listening to my parents tell Chelsea how awesome she was and I felt so disappointed. I feel like nothing I do makes them proud. I think that they wish that I would focus more on school and work and not bother with InterVarsity or Glenwood.

I feel like lately I've had to choose over and over whether I will believe what I feel or think, or what God says in the Bible. I know that God tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am told by God that I am a workmanship, created to do good works, prepared in advance for me to do. I am told that God has begun a good work in me. God made me the way that I am, but I feel so disappointed in that. I guess I have to just trust that God knew what he was doing when he made me.

1 comment:

Rachel and Matt said...

i felt so weighted down about a week ago with the same feelings. what did i have to offer? don't listen to that em, faith in the Lord. I love you. if we can't get together in person, at least i can hear your heart on the blog world ;)

you should read this devotional if you can, i just finished it today..i'll lend it to you if you want...it was so amazing rekindling the love between me and my Savior...I am his beloved child.

The Rabbi's Heartbeat by Brennan Manning

love you.