Sunday, May 4, 2008

Road to Emaus = worst Sunday school lesson ever

I taught Sunday school today with Kristi. As always when you have a room of 3, 4 and 5 year olds, it was eventful. My favorite were interactions with Emma Cate, the moodiest, most delightful 4 year old ever.

Emma C: Why did you change your hair? (I took it out of a ponytail.)
Me: I dunno, I just wanted to take it down. Does it look okay?
Emma C: It looks bad.
---

Me: Does anyone know what prophecy means?
(No one says anything.)
Kristi: No one?
Emma C: Is that something you do at the doctor's?
---

Me: Emma Cate, you shouldn't sit like that because people can see your underwear.
Emma C: I don't care.
Kristi: Can you sit right?
Me: Yeah, look at Kristi, she's sitting politely so you can't see her underwear. You gotta...keep your bases covered.
Emma C: Nope, I want to show my bases.

At that point, Kristi and I were laughing too hard for this Sunday school mini lesson to have much of an effect.

---

Emma Cate spills water down her dress, and I tell her not to worry, she'll be dry by the time Sunday school is over.
(Sunday school is over.)

Emma C: Emily.
Me: Yes?
Emma C: I'm not dry.
Me: I'm sorry.
(Emma Cate walks off.)

Believe it or not, we had like 7 kids today, but Emma was just on my case today.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

i'm not sure if covering your bases is a baseball reference, but it's probably best not to show them.

p.s. what week are you at rockbridge?

Megan said...

hahahaha... oh my gosh. I want to meet this kid.