Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursdays are the fridays of summer school.

Today I woke up feeling very rested and this dissipated when I realized that it was 10:04. Class, for me, starts at 10:10. There was no way I was gonna make it. I had set my alarm, and then I forgot to turn it on. I decided to make the best of it. I slept a little longer, took a shower, made some coffee, made spaghetti, watched Gilmore Girls. Funny how much you can do when you're not in class. At 12, Katie and I got into the car to go to UNCG, I with my travel mug of coffee. Silly me put the travel mug between my legs and somehow it got spilled directly onto my crotch. I looked like I wet myself. There was no way around it. Katie and I just laughed; I mean...really, what else could I do? I ran into a friend today in the halls. That was nice. I hadn't seen her in a while and it was good to find someone else still in this dear town. I walked home today. I stopped in the used book store. It was nice to just be in a room full of "friends", all having something to say, all saying nothing really. I like books.

I got a call today from Caribou Coffee. Yesterday I went there for a job fair and I sat there for seriously 2 hours waiting to get interviewed. I'm not exaggerating. I got there at 3:20 and I didn't leave til 5:10. I didn't even have a book. I rarely go somewhere without a book and this would have been a good time to have remembered. Anyways, I wasn't sure how the interview went because I didn't really feel like comparatively speaking I had a lot to offer. This one boy started talking about his life long passion for coffee and how he'd been to two coffee plantations and I was like...I like coffee, I can make it, and I can drink it. I got a call from the manger today and she offered me a job. Her boss had interviewed me (who knew...) and told her that she absolutely had to hire me. I got off the phone and cried. I couldn't stop. It wasn't like bawling. Let's get an accurate picture, I was just really relieved and so grateful. God is so good. My not getting the job wouldn't have made God any less good, I was just starting to get discouraged. I had been so worried that I wouldn't get a job and that I wouldn't be able to pay for school in the fall. Over and over I told God what He knew, that I needed Him to provide for me. Yesterday I wrote in my planner as I waited, "Dear Lord, I really need a job. Can you give me this one? Fight my battles. Please provide. I don't really feel like I have anything to offer. I need a job; you know that." Rather redundant. I don't know why I worry like I do. Sometimes it just seems like I see God's faithfulness all around me, somehow missing me. I know that's not true though, it just feels like that. It was silly of me to expect anything less than provision.

Currently listening to: A Fine Frenzy
Current time: 3:50 PM

5 comments:

MarySuz said...

yaay! congrats!

Anonymous said...

oh boy...emily is now a caribou...haha. So I'm definitely glad to hear that you are able to go to school this fall...that way I can come and visit...and change your lightbulbs and stuff (since the only time things change in your apt. is when I change them, obviously.)

Megan said...

1. I'm so glad God provided for you!! That is so wonderful!
2. I'm sorry you had a bad first day. It will get so much better.
3. I'm really glad you like A Fine Frenzy!!! One of my faves.

Allen F. said...

That is awesome. I hope you have a great summer. It was good to see you, sorry I was not more present, just kinda tired right now. Hopefully I'll cya around.

And it is nice to experience God's goodness, it helps keep the truth feeling real. God is awesome.

Lydia Christie said...

Oh my! Praise God!!!
I rejoice for you! :)