Sunday, October 11, 2009

Spritual Application?

Today Bobcat and I drove back from Wake Forest. I felt badly because I took her back with me for just a night and she hates driving in the car. I just didn't want to leave her alone. She meowed the entire hour and a half on the road.

To her it probably feels like death to be traveling down the road. She's scared and she doesn't know where she's going. Instead of just trusting that in the 13 or 14 years that she's been my cat, I have never done something that's not in her best interest, she cries because she is stuck, flying down the highway listening to good music.

Really what she'd probably like for me to do is pull over and let her out of the car. But because I know where we're going and that she will be very glad to get there when we do, I would never leave her by the side of the road like she might wish.

I feel as though sometimes I feel the same way with God. I have spent such a lonely, adjusting week and though I am employed my journey to trust God and see his plan is far from over. What I'd like for God to do is to stop everything and just let me be. Because he's good and loving, we continue. He has somewhere he's taking me, someone he's making me into and though I cry and moan, (sometimes not figuratively)he will not give up on me. He doesn't give me what I want on my timing, because if he did, it would be like if I pulled over on the side of the road to let my poor little cat out. It might be what she thinks she wants, but really she would be far from happy there.

That's that.


Currently listening to: Ingrid Michaelson, You and I

2 comments:

grace said...

thanks for the reminder.

Lindsay said...

THIS post is amazing. I love reading your blog but this post especially spoke to my heart, and to the place I frequently find myself in. Emily, I love you and I cannot wait to catch up with you! I'm glad you kept Bobcat in the car. :)