Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How you view the day

It is quite possible that I am always one step away from insanity. I am also trying to convince myself daily that just because something bad happens doesn't mean that I have to have a bad day or that I have to bring it into my classroom. For example, just because this morning I locked my keys in my car and had to walk to my sisters and back to get my spare key, making me late to a department meeting doesn't mean my day has to be bad. Or when T. set her coffee cup on fire in my microwave, or when S, affectionately known by the boys as Lady Gaga, comes into class 40 minutes late with a balloon distracting everyone...These things must not make my day bad. They must be viewed as little challenges to make my day more exciting.


Also, I would like to say that when T. caught her coffee mug on fire, she said, "I'm sorry Ms. Jackson." As soon she said that, I paused, waiting for someone to start singing. And E. did and I laughed.

No comments: