Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday, September 2.

I have this odd way of finding spiritual applications to things that aren't meant to be spiritual. Yesterday I was watching Devil Wears Prada and there's a scene where the designers are showing Miranda Priestly their ideas. She doesn't like what they have for her and so they scrap all their ideas. Andie remarks how silly it is that they designers get rid of everything just because Miranda doesn't like it. Nigel rebukes her saying, "You still don't get it. Her opinion is the only one that counts."

That stuck out to me. But in a different way. So often I get caught up with wondering how people view me, etc. Earlier this week I was reading Henri Nouwen's thoughts on belovedness. It all came together: "You still don't get it. HIS opinion is the only one that counts."

In my Bible I have written: I am redeemed, treasured, beloved and enough.

That is how God views me! I want to believe that with my heart and mind.

On a different note, I had another job interview today. I always get super siked before I go and then afterward I crash into depression. It's such a roller coaster. I (s)napped out of it. Ha! Get it?

I walked into the office and told the receptionist that I was there, then seated myself on a bench. I was reading, absorbed in the story, when all of a sudden I was really aware of someone's presence. I was sitting down and someone standing up was hugging me. Can you say weirded out?! I looked up, hesitantly, into the face of one of my students from my student teaching at Northern. I was so excited to see him because I've really missed my kids. I still think about them and pray for them all the time. They were so precious. Every time I look at pictures, I tear up! Anyways, there K was and there was so much I wanted to ask him. This kid was one of my strugglers, and they always will have a special place in my heart. I barely had time to recover from my surprise. It turns out that he's now living with his Dad and so he was going to a new high school. I know that my seeing K was a total God thing. God continues to remind me that my heart is for the students. I just hope that he will give me a chance to be a little more hands on soon, but if he doesn't, I trust that he has a plan.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna go knit like an old lady.



currently reading: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
currently listening to: Anberlin, Love Song

No comments: