Wednesday, September 30, 2009

All the Encouragement I need.

As I was looking through my binder where I put all my ninth grade handouts from last year, I found a bunch of letters by my students. I had asked them to write recommendation letters for me. I found one from Ch that really made me laugh, and to preserve the dignity of this fine letter, I won't edit:

"Mrs. Jackson would make a really good teacher. In the little time she's been here she has talt me a lot. She really makes herself clear when she's teaching. She's always on time and holds it in when she has to use the bathroom. Normally that takes 3 years of practice. Your school needs her."


Granted, I didn't end up using this as a letter of recommendation, but it does make me really happy, even though it is absolutely ridiculous. I had a wonderful time with my students last year and there's no reason why that can't happen again. When I think about each of my sweethearts from last year, I become extremely hopeful for this year's.

I've decided that since I only have three classes, I can't afford to not like one of them, so this year is just going to have to be really good. I can't wait to meet my kids tomorrow.


PS. I signed a lease today. I will be moving into a pink antebellum house on Saturday. I hope that my cat and I will be very happy there.

3 comments:

Bristol said...

i envy your life right now.

Emerly Sue said...

Well you may visit my house or my classroom anytime you like.

Leah said...

i can't wait to visit in december!