Monday, September 7, 2009

Bummer, dude.

Oh, the roller coaster of life.

You know how in The Incredibles, there's that little boy who sits at the end of the driveway? Mr. Incredible asks him what he's waiting for, and earnestly the little boy replies, "I don't know. Something amazing I guess..."

THAT is how I feel.

Today I woke up and with tears, began to rewrite a cover letter. A cover letter asking for employment, not as a teacher, but as something else.

I do not understand the mind of God. I do not understand why I don't have a job. I do not understand why I would be gifted at teaching and have a deep passion and God why wouldn't follow though. So many people go through life passionless, wasting away. I know what I love and can't do it. Why is this?

This is me walking forward, stepping out onto a thin something. Waiting is such a loaded stage.

I think I'm slightly disillusioned from the adult world where you have dreams and passions and little forum for living them out. I don't like it.

And on a slightly lesser note, the cat got me.



Edit: I'll live.


currently listening to: Gregory Alan Isakov, The Stable Song

1 comment:

grace said...

i'm praying for you emmerlyyyy....may He give to you what you cannot lose through this trial because you have given to Him what you cannot keep. i love you. your heart is beautiful! xx