Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all"

To Do List:

Fill out application for interview tomorrow.

Fill out application for ESL teaching.

Begin working on application to become certified to teach ESL.




I am super excited about possibilities currently but I am a little afraid of how excited I am because thus far, things have not come together for me.

I have an interview tomorrow with a community center for a job where I would be an after school counselor for middle schoolers. It would be a part time job, but it would be a start. If I got that job, I could start paying my loans off and maybe even finally buy my own car. I would also be able to continue working with the ESL students on Sunday nights. I would also be able to continue going to small group and to church in general. Annnd, today I called NC State to ask about my grade issues. They told me that all I needed to do was in enroll in a Spanish class and provide proof that I was taking it/going to take it and that I could still apply for the spring semester. The idea of being a student for even a semester more makes me giddy. I want this to work out so badly.

Also, I think I had a pretty good interview today for a part time English teaching position. I really liked the princiPAL and the dept chair and the school. Good job, Western Guilford.

As I walked in I told God to do with me what he will, but I can't help but have hopes for things to go a certain way. I am nervous, but trying to trust that God has a plan.



currently listening to: Joshua Radin, Brand New Day [duh, my lover...]

* bonus points to who ever knows who wrote my title...