Saturday, January 16, 2010

Perhaps this is Morbid? There is no way around death.

I'm sitting in my room in Wake Forest, looking out my window at the back yard. My middle sister Chelsea is holding a brown box. Our/her cat-friend, Patchy, is dead.

We had to put him to sleep this morning. For fourteen years, he was a part of our family. That's over half my life. I remember when he was just a small kitten, and we brought him and my cat Bobbie home.

The amount of tears shed in the Jackson home today might seem silly because he was "just a cat."

But it's hard to say goodbye to a friend, no matter who they were.

I have a cat funeral to attend.

2 comments:

Katie said...

cats aren't just cats they are members of the family

Anonymous said...

also, its anything but morbid - its family life