Friday, January 8, 2010

A list for January 8th:

1. I like two hour delays because we don't have to make them up and I get to sleep in.
2. I like drinking coffee in the morning, but don't understand how somehow every time I drink it at school I spill it on myself. I got it all over my coat this morning.
3. My students have to give speeches for their midterms, so I gave a speech for my students today as an example of what I expected from them. When I was done, JP raised his hand and kindly informed me that I said "um" 36 times. This is why I am a teacher and not the president of the United States of America.
4. I have some good co-workers.
5. I love my students. I think they are precious and hilarious and I really enjoy teaching them. Today I was thinking about them while I was driving home and I was smiling to myself because they are so delightful. (most days)
6. Today we studied the Gettysburg Address, and while I would have liked to do more with it, I had a lot of fun teaching it.
7. I am sincerely glad that it is the weekend.

No comments: