Saturday, January 9, 2010

Camping in my own home.

Greetings from the cat and me.

I drove home today from Wake Forest after spending last night in Durham trying on bridesmaid dresses for Bristol's wedding.

I took the way through Granville County because it seemed to suit my pensive mood as the land is wild and lonely there.

After spending a week with Nicole, having a roommate, though temporary and then going home and seeing Megan, Bristol, Allicia and my family, I wasn't looking forward to going home to just the little cat.

When I got here, I went to my room to flip the switch for my bedroom light. As has been the case since Tuesday of this week, nothing happened, so I headed to Target to buy a lantern. It's so tiny and cute. Hopefully it's bright too. I was feeling grumpy about my current powerless home situation, so I bought some graham crackers, chocolate and marshmellows. I can pretend that I'm camping and not just waiting for my land-lord to magically fix whatever is wrong in here.


I am going to try my best to be positive and cheerful, and chocolate will help with that.

4 comments:

grace said...

chocolate does that. as does romantic lighting. as i like to believe, romantic lighting is the moral way to go, as jesus would've had mood lighting too (only candles!). :)

Anonymous said...

cats help too ;)

she loves her cat and her bright colors are bound to lift your spirits...enjoy!
http://colormekatie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You can stay here guappo!

Megan said...

i love you and your smores! I hope your landlord fixes your house soooon!!!