Tuesday, January 5, 2010

oops.

I accidentally blew a wire in my apartment because I used space heaters. In the lease apparently it said that I wasn't allowed to use space heaters, but I missed that somehow. My land-lord was pretty upset with me because my room, bathroom and kitchen all don't have power and I also blew out the power for my neighbor. He told me that I needed to move my bed and couch away from the heater strip that goes all the way around my room. AND, the heater strip doesn't even really warm anything up. I don't really understand where I am supposed to put them though...so currently then are in the middle of my room and living room. My land-lord doesn't know when I will have power again. I miss summer, and it's warm goodness.

I just feel so disheartened and irresponsible. I am not usually an irresponsible person, and I am so unhappy with myself for causing this to happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one of life's great adventures!!! Sorry your landlord got mad - he needs to chill

Amanda said...

Honestly, it sounds like a pretty messed up apartment set-up if you ask me.

Rachel and Matt said...

i'm calling you for sure--in response to your post on mine.

and apartments...meh, hopefully he'll be a little more understanding!