Sunday, January 24, 2010

I looked over my journal this morning and saw that I have felt unsettled since I moved back to Greensboro.

Once again, I am feeling that same sense as things with my land-lord still aren't settled. I have had no power since January 5th. I have been sleeping on people's couches and waiting til I can have a functional space of my own again. I have involved the city of Greensboro, and have been fighting it out with my land-lord which has been anything but fun. This has been anything but restful.

This past week, I also began my full-time job as a teacher. While I am very excited about this, I have been exhausted from taking on three new classes. I still don't feel as though I know what I am doing. My 10th graders informed me that their former teacher hadn't taught them anything about writing and so I scrapped all my lessons in an effort to begin at the basics of writing an essay so they can be prepared for the writing test on March tenth. My ninth graders also present a challenge, as they are all taking the class for the second time. It's my job to prepare them to pass the 9th grade EOC. And then I have my sweetheart 11th graders which have been my sanity. They have been so sweet in checking in on me, talking to me while I have lunch duty, saying goodbye to me at the end of the day, cutting me off coffee when I get too nervous. I know that in a few weeks I will have adjusted to being at school full time, but for now I just feel overwhelmed by the combination of both my home life and my school life being unsettled.

I know that God is using this year to make me a person of character, but I am not really enjoying it.

2 comments:

chadcurrin said...

read James 1:2-4 in The Message version

David Payne said...

I am proud of you for being willing to get the city involved and fight it out with the land lord. If you need any help or support I will gladly give it.