Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pros and Cons

Today I had a piece of pumpkin pie. This got me very excited about sweater weather, so I bought some woodchuck, which I drank on my roof, in the dark, chilly fall weather. Amanda and I sat up there discussing our futures. I am on the brink of making a pro-con list of my options. I just don't know how I'm supposed to decide.

Move into Glenwood and teach- I guess this option seems the most viable. I could live with my bff, Nicole, in a neighborhood that very much has a place in my heart. I would love to build relationships with neighbors, and continue to love the kids in that neighborhood. I envision nightly pray walks and my kitchen table full of children doing homework. I could also teach, as I will finally have a degree to do so. I would be very excited to teach. I could also save up money for grad school, or to go overseas.

Fears involving option one: That I am too in love with where I am to move on; that I am simply wanting to stay because of fear of the unknown; that if I stay, I'll never do anything else.

InterVarsity Staff- I have been very involved with IV for the past several years and I love the way that it has the ability to impact people's lives to help them grow in their walk with God. I love the idea of building relationships with students and empowering them to serve God on their campuses. I would be very excited to continue being involved and in different ways than before.

Fears involving option two: That I am too attached to IV and can't move on; that I would have to leave Greensboro and I'm not sure I'm ready; That I wouldn't be able to raise all the funds I would need.

Go to Africa and hold babies- Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to go to Africa and work with an orphanage. I still haven't done it. Post-graduation would be a great time to go, so it seems. I don't quite know what it would entail, but it would be an adventure that I'm sure would break my heart and challenge me to go deeper into God.

Fears involving option three: I'm not sure I'm ready to leave Greensboro, as I've said; I would have to raise funds; I'm not sure how this would play out in actuality.


currently listening to: The Everybodyfields
currently reading: Reading, Writing and Rising up: Teaching About Social Justice and the Power of the Written Word
real time: 11:07 PM

2 comments:

Allen F. said...

Take a min to rejoice that you have narrowed your scope to having choices...

I am still completely in the dark.

And remember... God will be there whatever you choose.

PS- Thanks for the sticker

Truthfully Thinking said...

Pumpkin pie again - I am starting to think you have a problem there.... they have doctors for that sort of thing.