Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday school swing.

Today Kristi and I taught our class of preschoolers for the first time since school let out for summer. I taught about Moses and the burning bush. The kids were coloring the burning bush and Liam had lines going all over his picture and I was like, "what's going on here?" and he told me that Moses and his sheep were burnt up by the fire, which is not exactly Biblical, but it was funny. I was reflecting on the passage before I taught and I was struck by something. When Moses tells God why he can't serve God, God's response is to tell Moses who He is. I think it's very important that we understand who we are as children of God. I have to tell myself over and over that I am redeemed, treasured, beloved and enough. I also think that it's very important that we understand who God is, no matter what is true of us.


This has been a weekend of relationship building and hard conversations. I hope to continue to understand God's unfailing character.

No comments: