Monday, June 15, 2009

A Tale of Two Summers

I am wondering if I am really able to hear God. Last summer I was certain that God wanted me to go to Kenya. I applied and at the last minute had to withdraw my application. This summer I thought I'd finally be able to move in Glenwood but I needed to move back to Wake Forest. Once someone said to me, "maybe God just wants to see if you're willing." I feel like that would make God more capricious than I believe him to be. Why would God be constantly holding something in front of me, only to take it away at the last minute. Why would God lead me somewhere to actually take me somewhere else? It scares me I guess, to think that I could feel like God was taking me somewhere and I could be completely wrong.

Oh, I want to follow Jesus.


currently listening to: Aaradhna (Christian Indian music, not the pop singer of the same name...)
currently reading: The Wreckers, and in my Bible I'm reading James.

No comments: