Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It is a cool evening and it is quiet. Except for the crickets, I would think I was the only person left in the whole wide world. But this is nice. Too often I am distracted by so much. I've said this before, but I am often struck by how, over and over in His word, God tells us to be still. This is something that my spirit rebels against. Sometimes I'm too afraid to be alone. My mind wanders and tells me that if I am all alone, I will get hurt and no one will know. Sometimes I'm afraid of what God will tell me. Right now, I think I know what I want. It is very frustrating to know what I want because that doesn't necessarily mean that I will get it. In Psalm 37 it tells us that if we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart. BUT it also says to commit to God. I don't think that we truly know what it means to delight ourselves in God. God knows what's best for us. He wants more than good for us. He wants best. But do I want my best or His best? Does this make sense. I feel as though I've jumped all over the place.

(This is possibly the most annoying keyboard I have ever used.)

3 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

Today I was puzzled by what it meant to "lay down" your life for Christ. Sometimes I think we just take words for granted until those days they hit us like no other and "delighting in the Lord" seems kind of foreign and we're forced to take a step back and truly meditate on what those holy words mean in our lives. Thank you for giving me this to pray, think upon, and delight in the Lord about "delighting in the Lord". I'll tell you how Narnia goes, I'm starting the series soon :)

Megan said...

I know the keyboard. And I know the feeling. And you are not jumping all over the place :)

Leah said...

cool evenings with crickets = summer time