Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I might be ready for school to start.

I know that it's only July 9th and that I've been in school all summer but I absolutely cannot wait for school to start back up. I am just so excited about my Senior year. I have a really great schedule, and all the classes I need with really good professors. I'm taking English Lit to 1500, Teaching Practices and Curriculum in English, a Senior seminar pre-1800 literature to Milton taught by the ever so delightful Dr Hodgkins who I adore when he speaks at InterVarsity because he's so smart, The Teaching of Writing, Intro to Technology in an Educational Setting(which I will loathe, I think). Two days of the week I only have one class and Friday I have no class, which will be a really great day to go to the high school for my internship. My earliest class is at 11 on Tuesday/Thursday and on Monday and Wednesday it's at 2. And that will be my last semester of classes. I'm ready for it to start so it can be over. But at the same time I want to enjoy every minute of it. I'm sure I will laugh at that midway through the semester when I am up to my eyeballs in classwork.

And I am really excited about incoming Freshmen. I really love Freshmen. Brittany says that's creepy, but I don't mean it to be. I can't wait to get to know a whole new class of people. I get so excited when I think about how far I've come since Freshmen year, how I've grown and become more myself. I get excited to think about new people starting this journey. Plus Freshmen are fun...and babies.

I'm really excited about everyone else coming back too. Greensboro's nice in the summer, but it will be great to have everyone back. I'm ready for tutoring to start back up too. I miss my kids.

That being said, I will certainly enjoy this last month or so before school starts back. I'm glad I have a month.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I updated! hope you enjoy...
ps I don't think its creepy that you are excited for a whole new class of freshman! i'm pumped too, not as much as you but its getting close!

Allen F. said...

A few years ago we were praying hard for freshman, and at VT IV we need girls, we have an extreme lack of women leaders. And at the retreat we had SO many freshman girls. One night the speaker asked what we were thankful for... One of the older male leaders say "Freshman Girls!!!"

Everyone stopped. His heart was right and we all agreed, but the way it sounded at first was funny.

We still need more women btw, but God has blessed us with amazing women so far.

I can't wait for school either!