Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I am small, and I speak when I'm spoken to.

I get the strangest cravings. Currently I am craving potatoes. I love potatoes. My room is beginning to slowly get packed up. Strange to think that I was so excited to move in here. It's grown small and I am ready to move on. 3G holds many memories that I will hold dear. Lots of laughter and tears and deep conversations and Gilmore Girls and coffee. Hug lines from men's small group. Watching the Hills with the girls. Playing Dutch Blitz. Cooking on the George Foreman. Watching people in the parking lot from our windows. I loved living next door to the boys in 3C. They were good neighbors and I loved them dearly. I loved talking to Cameron as he got ready for bed. I loved peeking in the window to see if they were there. Watching Golden Girls with Jay when I couldn't sleep. Arguing with Mark about really stupid things that he was actually serious about, like why I should look in the window instead of knocking on the door. Getting scared to death by Seth. Watching the cops break up parties from my window with Cammy and Jay.

I am ready to move. I will be closer to campus and will have lots of windows in my room. I will also be so close to Tate St Coffee. I am ready for a change. Part of me is ready for never moving again. David came by tonight and we said goodbye to him since he's going to Mexico for the semester. Laura Jo called and told me she was engaged at last. I am ready for the future. I love where I am. I hate change and I want it. I am probably confused.

Today I got a new journal. I got a sketchbook because all of the journals had lines in them and I hate that. I also sat in an aisle at Barnes and Noble and read art history books for a bit. I stole flowers from campus today. I figure that I pay enough for tuition that I can steal flowers every now and then.

I might get a hair cut. It can always grow.

The days when you realize things about yourself are hard sometimes. Today was one of those, I think. I guess I'll leave off with this.

Psalm 4:8 "I will both lie down in peace and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."






currently listening to: Nichole Nordeman, Brave

1 comment:

Truthfully Thinking said...

Hug lines - did I approve that? I am sure I did not. I do like the idea of being closer to Tate St. Coffee. I am small too but sadly sometimes I just speak.