Monday, December 28, 2009

Dishes & Living in the Now

Every time I go into the store I find myself looking at dishes. I can't really explain my attraction to dishes, other than that they're pretty and I would like to have a house full of beautiful things. As I browse through the dishes section in whatever store I may happen to be in, I tell myself, when I get married, I will have a registry and then I will get some wonderful dishes.

Saturday, when Mom and the girls went shopping, I was too sick to go, but there were sales and I knew which dishes I wanted so I gave Mom some money and had her go get these for me:


I decided that waiting to get married to get dishes that aren't pink and plastic is silly. I have not given up on marriage by any stretch of the imagination, and I cannot wait to fall in love and work hard at a relationship every day for the rest of my life, but I don't want to miss out on things now. These dishes are a symbol of living in the now. I am going to enjoy them, and eat off of them and you are welcome to join me.

3 comments:

Rachel and Matt said...

I swear I read this kind of thing in a book about how girls put off buying pretty dishes for themselves. I can't place to direct quote...but I love you and I'm so glad you're eating off pretty dishes because you're pretty! Merry Christmas! See you in the new year ;) New years resolution: hang out with you more!

Megan said...

Living in the Now dishes are sooo pretty!

Bristol said...

i like you a lot. feel better please?