Thursday, December 10, 2009

Birthday

Pre- School: This morning when I walked to my classroom there was a little rose plant sitting there. They were from my Induction Coach from downtown. I was pretty excited. I wanted to do a dance, but since I'm a teacher, I try to be mature most of the time.

1st period: This morning I was starting class when B read the announcements on the tv. She read, "Happy Birthday Emily Jackson" and of course I looked at her because she'd read my name. That's when the class realized that I am Emily Jackson and it was my birthday. Of course they were all super sweet and told me happy birthday and wanted to know why I hadn't told them before. And then we ate cookies.

2nd period: By this time, my students had all had a chance to see the announcements, thus seeing that it was my birthday so when they walked in, they all told me happy birthday right off the bat. They too wanted to know why I hadn't told them. JP asked if he and E could go to Starbucks and get me birthday coffee. Boy, do they know me, or what? I said no, but if anything could have enticed me to let them out, coffee might have been it. I could see them whispering behind their journals, which kind of made me roll my eyes, mainly because I didn't know it was about me. Then they sang to me. I really don't like being sung to, because I don't like the focus all being on me, and so I started blushing, which of course they had a blast making fun of me for. M and A gave me paper airplanes. And then we ate cookies.

Also, I had a bit of a riot during second period because one of my students leaked some information out to the rest of the class. I am pretty worn out and I will probably blog about that this weekend, so stay tuned. (: