Tuesday, April 12, 2011

on going to social functions alone

it's not so much the act of going somewhere alone. i go plenty of places alone: the store, the coffee shop, to work, to church on occasion, to the doctor.

i think it's having to hassle someone to go to the chorus concert, to the basketball games, or the football games, and worse still to go with me to chaperon a dance. i hate going through a list of boys who would go with me, but not read too much into my invitation.

the good news is that mrs. kayler agreed to be my "date" to prom. I'm glad for friends that don't make me so lonely and lame.

3 comments:

Leah said...

bring girls as your dates to all of those things and get your students questioning your sexuality. DRAAAMMAAA!!!!

grace said...

Oh Emmy....I totally know what you mean. Love you.

David Payne said...

I would totally be your date for a chorus concert, but never a dance. :)