Friday, July 2, 2010

Yesterday I bought some books. This was a more exciting experience than I anticipated. I guess I hadn't really bought books in a while.

Here is a comprehensive list of my purchases:

A Gathering of Old Men
(11th grade summer reading)
From Puritanism to Postmodernism: A History of American Literature (Geedom)
Nectar in a Sieve (10th grade summer reading)
The Heath Anthology of American Literature (See "From Puritanism...")
1984 (12th grade summer reading)

I was especially excited about the history book and the anthology. These were text books but I got them for 3 dollars each at Ed Mckay's. The REASON I am so excited about these books is because I really do want to know as much as I can about the texts that I'm teaching. I want to be the expert, and this will help me become one.

I am excited to start reading, only I'm not sure when I'll be able to do this since next week is World Changers. Oooh well; I can wait!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Edward McKay= best thing since sliced bread. and call me a nerd, but i would be excited about those books.