Thursday, July 29, 2010

There are so many days when I just long to be in the pure, unadulterated presence of God. Lately I have longed to go to Heaven so I am in a place that revolves around God alone. We will be there to worship Him and Him alone so the distractions and frustrations of the world won't be present.


It's weird to say that I want to go to Heaven because it makes me feel like I have some strange fixation on death. Actually the act of dying is still scary for me. There is no guarantee that it will be quick or painless, and since I'm perfectly human that worries me.

But the promise of renewal and not having to fight to see God is such a comforting thought. Not the kind of comforting thought that allows you to go to sleep at night, but one you might even want to tell people about. There will be inexplicable relief from our struggles, not in this life, but when one day we see God face to face and He welcomes us to how this world should have been.

No comments: