Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My first day of final exams

I will tell Wednesday's story with the help of visual aids. Only about 8 kids came to class today to take the 5th period 10th grade final. The reason for that was most kids were exempt and a few took it for extra credit. After the kids finished taking the test, we had to entertain ourselves for approximately three hours. While this is a long time to be trapped somewhere, I had a lot of fun with the kids. I wasn't responsible for teaching them anything, so we just hung out. P. asked me to race him in in sudoku. It took me about an hour longer than it took him, so while he was waiting for me to finish, he played himself in Scrabble. The kind of amazing thing about that was that he used every letter in the bag. I was pretty impressed. He photo-documented his work:

 
Posted by Picasa


Another way the kids entertained themselves was to write me notes/draw me pictures on the board. Mr. Willoughby popped into my head briefly because he never let the kids use the markers because they press too hard and use up all the ink. But I let them because it's okay for them to use the markers. Really. One note that I noticed after the kids had left was this one:



Funny, but I will take that compliment. My fifth period, for all the irritation they caused me, really was precious. I learned a lot from them.

4 comments:

Leah said...

i like your bulletin board borders.

Truthfully Thinking said...

Mrs Jackson......

Emerly Sue said...

Oh opps. Forgot to tell you, Dad. I married a man with the same last name since our family failed to produce any sons. The Jackson name will live on!

Megan said...

hahaha. I love your kiddos.