Wednesday, April 15, 2009

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6761633

When I watched the clip earlier today, I was really shocked. Maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised that college students reacted so disrespectfully to someone who was invited to their campus to speak, but I was. The behavior was coming from a group of people who pride themselves on their tolerance toward everyone. Well, UNC protesters, you not only did not merely tolerate former congressman Tancredo, you did not even listen to what he had to say. At the beginning of the protest, they were yelling, "No space for hate" but their actions, to me, said otherwise.

I recognize that both Conservatives and Liberals have people within their parties that act rashly, but I think that this is pushing the line.