Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Put On Love"

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

That phrase "put on love" is something that I can't help thinking about. Like putting on a jacket or a pair of pants, everything should be covered by love. Not covered by our shallow, weak "love" but by God's indwelling, death-breaking, desert-quenching love.

Over and over it is proven to me that my own feeble attempts at love are nothing but shadows of the love that the Dreamer-up-of-love can offer. I fall shamefully short. Gently I am reminded daily to believe the Father's love for me so that I can abide in that, put it on and reach out to the people I rub shoulders with on a regular basis. I am also reminded daily that God delights in using broken vessels to show his heart to a world of idol worshipers, swayed by counterfeit soul satisfaction.

2 comments:

Truthfully Thinking said...

What can you say about such a post ???

Emily said...

love that last paragraph, that last sentence... whoa!
btw, i love you (as best I know how...)! :)