Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Courage, dear heart"

Greetings from my cat and me.



We can't sleep. Mainly because we worry too much. Perhaps, though, I use the royal we. What cat has worries?

Today I drove to Greensboro for yet another interview. I was hopeful, but they said that the position might get filled by a surplus teacher-- as in someone who had a job last year, but got laid off. So if they get to pick, then maybe I'm in the running. If not, then neither they nor I have a say.

I was driving home, completely stressed and drained from the interview and I decided to go through the drive through Starbucks in Burlington. I tend to get depressed after an interview because I put so much energy into them, so I needed a second cup of coffee. I ordered, drove up to the window, and handed the lady my card, but she wouldn't take it. She explained that the lady before me had paid for my order. When I drove away, I just started crying. I didn't even know what else to do.

I was reminded that God was my provider. He is going to take care of me, even though right now it may seem like he isn't. God, in his small gentle way and with something I would understand, a cup of coffee, reminded me to take courage.





currently listening to: Quelequ'un m'a dit ,Carla Bruni [off of the soundtrack of 500 Days of Summer]

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love you so much. I hope that God blesses that lady 100 times over for being such a blessing to you when you needed it.

You are so brilliant, and I hope that the school has a say and can hire you! Because you will be such a wonderful teacher.