Thursday, August 13, 2009

And so, my Rory Gimoring paid off.

It's a quiet sort of day. I want to enjoy it while I can.

With Rory Gilmore as my inspiration [see season 6, episode 9], yesterday I ran all over God's green earth trying to get a job. I drove to Greensboro only to find that the English position was filled. Then when I got to Durham, I ended up very much out of my element. After I got home I re-checked the website, I found an English position in Elon. So I got back in the car and drove 70 minutes back to Elon. I actually ended up getting an interview, but I sat there for an hour and a half for it. But by the grace of God, this princiPAL knew Marshall Benbow and goes to Grace Community Church. I really felt like we had a good conversation. So even if I don't get the job, I have hope. And as I've had to wait, I've been questioning whether or not I really want to teach, but talking about it to this princiPAL reminded me that I do want to teach.

Here's hoping.



(One of my favorite pictures of all time. I still have the actual paper in my binder.)

currently listening to: Set Free, Katie Gray

No comments: