Friday, May 22, 2009

Un-brave: Memiors of the "play it safe girl"

All my life I have dreamed of adventure.

There are many words out there beginning with "un". Unacceptable, unabashed, unaccredited. I have made one up for my own purposes. As I've begun sending my poor little resume all over the known world, I have been made painfully aware of just how un-brave I am. I once wrote in my journal "I reside in safety and propriety." It is the truth. I have two job interviews coming up this week. One is with a school in Craven County, NC. The other is with a non-profit organization where I'd be a counselor out in the woods for a program that works with at-risk children ages 10-18. I am so excited about both opportunities. And terrified by them both too. I have been praying that God will put me where he can use me best. And I have realized lately that that is a scary prayer. So who knows where I will end up by the end of the summer, but I can tell you that it will probably be somewhere unexpected. And somewhere new. But...maybe not.



currently listening to: No Envy, No Fear. Joshua Radin [AKA, my husband.]

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

are you going to hang out with cheif david in the woods?

Jeremy said...

is that the same camp that david works for? will you be an indian cheif too?

Kristi said...

joshua radin can only be your husband if you steal him from me...haha

Megan said...

:) I'm excited for your adventures.