Friday, May 8, 2009

The "heroic efforts" of life.

I have a bit of a different view from this window. And no trains are rocking on past my home. I cannot bike to campus. I have no Tate St coffee shop. I am separated from the fellowship of believers that I have been grafted into over the past four years and from the city who's rhythm I had become accustomed. I am learning a lot though, I think. As I have been home these few days, the job search has been consuming. Not only am I looking for a job to being in August, I have been searching for a summer job so I can begin paying off my student loans and a car. A Strange disappointment has settled in my heart. I have been learning a lot about trusting God these past few months. I have been in a place that I have not wanted to be in: a place of transition. Oswald Chambers says, "Faith is not a pathetic sentiment, but a robust vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is holy love. You cannot see Him just now, you cannot understand what He is doing, but you know Him...Faith is the heroic effort of your life; you fling yourself in reckless confidence on God." Trust is a difficult thing to muster but it is becoming a habit, which is the whole point, I guess. I am very excited to see where God places me over these next few years. I want to pray big things and hope to meet God's heart. I long for adventure and I hope that I choose to see whatever I end up doing as such.

[Ohhhhhhhhhh summmmmmmerrrrrrrrr, good thing you're here.]






currently procrastinating on: unpacking my belongings
currently listening to: I may or may not be listening to Hanson's This Time Around cd...
currently waiting on: dinner

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love you too, beautiful girl, and I plan on coming to visit sometime this summer. Thanks for the encouragement. I struggle with transition too (no, let me rephrase, i really hate transition), so I'll be praying for where you're at in life right now.