Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I have gone into a pro/con list craze.




I am tired of people saying that teachers have job security. They don't anymore, and that shows you how bad our economy really is. I am researching which other counties in which to apply since Guilford County is in a hiring freeze. [Thus the visual.] I just really want to trust that God will put me where he wants me, and that I won't be in a log cabin in the backwoods on NC, alone. And if that ends up to be the case, that there will be purpose to it.

2 comments:

Allen F. said...

Hey, I know the feeling. I have friends all around me freaking out cause they have not found a job yet or have recently lost the one job they found. I am a bit concerned myself to be honest.

But the beautiful thing is that our faith is not in this world. God will provide an outlet for your skills, gifts, and passions. I also believe he will provide brothers, sisters, and at some point a spouse to encourage and support you.

That is the hope I am clinging to at least.

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Matthew 7:11

Good luck!

Megan said...

Just don't end up living at THE log cabin. That could cause problems.

I love you. You are brilliant, and you LOVE what you do, and I think that, wherever you get a job, you will totally thrive.