Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hershey's Kisses and my first born child

I'm watching the sun sink slowly down into the west. The sky is rosey and things are silhouetted and delicious. I'm so ready to throw open my window and welcome warm, fresh air into my room.

Today during reading, Ca asked me if I planned on having children. I wasn't quite sure how to answer. But he proceeded to ask me that if I had children, I would name one of them after him. I'm not really at that stage in my life, but we'll see...

After school, I walked down the hall only to have the janitor, Mr. McLamb run after me. He handed me a bag with about 7 Hershey's Kisses in it and told me that he was giving them to all the teachers on the hall. I thanked him and as I turned I began blinking very quickly to brush back the tears that were coming. I needed encouragement and who would have thought that an unexpected gift would be coming my way. God is so gracious to encourage us when we need it.

It's just about time for me to walk to campus for IV.


currently listening to: One Red Thread, Blind Pilot

2 comments:

Megan said...

what a sweet man!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily,
you are a most wonderful person and an someone that I think is awesome! You are a more spectacular teacher than I ever will be I'm sure...

As the kids would say, you've "got it going on!" Haha.

Have a spectacular day.