Thursday, February 5, 2009

Often I cannot sleep because I am thinking deeply about something. More often or not, these days, I am thinking about teaching.

Tonight I am wracking my brain to think of a way to engage my reluctant readers. I am trying to think of a way to get my fifth period kids to do their outside reading. I am attempting to break barriers and hoping to succeed.

I am addicted to teaching. It is by far the hardest thing I've ever done, and yet each day, I come back, thirsty for more.

Back to scowering the interweb and books for ideas on how I can help my kids.

Geez, I'm sleepy.

2 comments:

racherie said...

OOOOH I love this post! I too am addicted to teacher :) It's so hard and difficult and terribly hard but I am always trying to find ways to do better and make things work :)

Megan said...

ahhh the interwebs.

Also, you wrote, "I am addicted to teacher." that made me laugh a good laugh.

I'm so proud of you. You are such a great teacher. Especially because you are scouring the internets to figure out how to engage your kids.