Saturday, January 31, 2009

The down side of high school

Please give me consistency and strength, along with wisdom and patience, heart and never ending love. And remind me that I need you. And God, remind me that can't fix broken hearts. I can't help but wonder, as my heart is broken over and over for the hearts of my kids, what happens to those who are sent to preach the good news, to bind up the broken hearted, proclaiming freedom and light. As I live a life of a medic, rushing into the bloody, dying masses, I can't help but wonder what will happen to my heart as I face the carnage around me. I cried for my kids Thursday night, grieving for their hearts and minds that have been so unvalued and have been filled with lies and heartbreak. So what happens to me, God? Remind me that only you can bear the weight of my soul. Only you can fill me.




currently listening to: Jealous Enemies, Dark Captain Light Captain

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love you. You are such a fantastic teacher and you have such an incredible ministry. These kids are so lucky to have you to love them.

I also love the comment you left. I laughed a good hearty laugh.

I'm also at home listening to Brett giggle in the other room. I wish you and Bristol were here.