Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tonight at IV, people shared about the places they'd gone on mission trips this summer. Isaac and Becca talked about Taiwan, Joey talked about GUPY, Veronica talked about working at Camp Bob, Lindsay talked about Urbana (even though she didn't go this summer...), and Ann talked about STIM and Kenya. All of those are places that interest me, especially Kenya, but when Joey talked about Glenwood and the kids, all I could do was cry. Every time I hear what God did at Glenwood Camp in the hearts of the kids, I cry. I realized that my heart is in that neighborhood. I've been thinking about where to go next year and what to do and I've been asking God to make it clear. I think He is, but I will keep my heart and ears open.

2 comments:

Megan said...

This is really beautiful.

I'm really excited for you. You're going to be a great teacher.

Katie said...

awww i love that you have such a big heart for those kids and that neighborhood!