Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday.

I slipped and fell in the cafeteria today and students laughed. Good thing I make a fool of myself in front of students all day every day. I should have taken a bow...


Today when M. came to class he gave me a hug and I said, "No public displays of affection, plus Dr. Flake is standing right there." He said as dramatically as possible, "I don't care if everyone knows of my love" and got down on one knee there in the hall.

D. was running late to class and he needed to run back to one of his other teachers so he came to see me to get a note. I didn't have any paper so I wrote a note on his hand and then signed it. It was like being famous.

Other things happened but those were the ones most easily written. Another Monday survived.

3 comments:

Megan Leader said...

I think you're gonna be so thankful to have these blog entries to look back on and remember.

You're such a freaking awesome teacher! I want your autograph on my hand. haha

David Payne said...

I really want to be in your class.

Truthfully Thinking said...

Slipped and fell eh? Oh Snap !