Saturday, July 25, 2009

Savoring community and anticipating its loss.

This summer has been so up and down for me emotionally. It's been so hard to wait, and wait, and wait for a job. It's also been so hard to have moved from Greensboro back to Wake Forest because I had such a wonderful community of friends there. This past week, I had the privilege of coming out of the NLC office and getting to work kindercamp. It was so much fun and I have two weeks left. Funny as it might sound, some thing that I've enjoyed most is staff meeting. This is because we all sit together and talk about what to expect from the day, what we need to happen and we study God's word together. This is something that I have missed so greatly. And now I have a new fear to add to all mine that have racked up over the summer. I am so afraid for camp to end because all my camp friends to go back to their college campuses because I will be left here. I will be left here, without purpose and once again, without fellowship. And simultaneously,I am so aware that my dear friends from UNCG will be getting back together, IV will be kicking off and I won't be there to glory in the fellowship that I once had.

Graduating from college is so much harder than I ever anticipated.

Life is good, but it is hard and I feel as though I am constantly in a fight to stay positive and to trust in the Lord.

1 comment:

Leah said...

i don't know if it's any consolation, but i totally get this. this summer can be summed up as dry and lonely for me. know that it will be okay and you are lucky to have a sweet family to engage with you on your loneliest of days :)

also, i am here, just a phone call or skype date away!