Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow

I realize that up until this point I have been rather adamant against snow. It is cold and wet and for that I must dislike even a little. But today as I sat in my car, attempting to defrost my car windshield so I could go to high school, I got a phone call from my fellow-teacher-to- be, and delightful roommate, Amanda, letting me know that Guilford County had a two hour delay. I am sitting in my living room, eating a pop tart on a plate, drinking my coffee out of a mug, not a TRAVEL MUG, and taking my time.



I think that God made snow because it makes everything stop, and take it slow. We are all in too much of a hurry to get to the next place.

This is how we feel about snow here in the Green House:





This is how Ann feels about the snow melting:



Also, she looks like a babushka.

5 comments:

Megan said...

mmm... pop tarts. I need some now. And Gilmore Girls.

I'm glad you've changed your snow stance from fiery hate to thumbs-up.

Leah said...

the label for my window was "Behold, I do a new thing: Snow." Behold that new snow. Go on, do it.

MarySuz said...

love the pics!! you so silly

Emily said...

thanks for the view out of the treehouse window. :)
I miss that room!

Truthfully Thinking said...

I love snow as long as it does not mess the roads up!