Monday, November 15, 2010

Today was not a perfect day. It was complete with write-ups, and kick-outs and confrontations, but here are something that kept me laughing as I thought about them the whole way home:

1. I. told me a story about a dream he had today where he was about to smoke some weed and suddenly I popped into his head and said, "I need your head clear for class!"

2. T. came into my class, gave me a big hug and said he missed me over the weekend.

3. I was illustrating how the Odyssey for my students and I started laughing. T. said, "Oh LORD, Ms. Jackson is laughing at her own jokes again!"

4. My fourth period students made a facebook for Italics and sent me a friend request.

5. Several of my students from last year dropped by to see me after school.

6. In 4th period, some of my students had their cell phones out and I told them if they didn't put them away I was going to take them out and they said, "You have to just pick one of us."