Friday, August 20, 2010

an unkind note to the thoughtless of the world

When boys say things like:

You're beautiful, smart, funny and you love God. Any guy would be happy to date you.

and doesn't follow it up with: so pick me

it makes me want to castrate all men, thus I have composed a letter for just such morons.

Dear "men"--

Please don't mention my sparkling qualities when you don't give flip. Someday someone will say those things, mean them and I won't believe them. It will be your fault. It doesn't matter how kind your words seem, you are in essence rejecting me.

No love,

Emily

4 comments:

Nathaniel Miller said...

Accurately written. Point taken.

Josh said...

Well, I hope this guy doesn't read your blog.

Leah said...

i like you and i mean it. we've always said if we get to a point where we are 40 and still single, it's you and me. and probably some animals. but let's hope in the next 17 years, something will happen..

Truthfully Thinking said...

You're beautiful, smart, funny and you love God. Any (GODLY) guy would be happy to date you. Correction added - SHJ

I said it and meant it - and I know it true more than anyone else could