Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I was grading my eleventh graders' journals. They are so precious to me. I love these kids so much. They are a gift from the Lord God to me for this year. Even when I have a really terrible day with my other students, knowing that I get to go in to my 11th graders makes me get up in the morning. They are so bright, and funny, and inspiring.

This evening I was reading their journals that they turned into me. One of my kids shared about missing his Mom and the last time he saw her, another shared about the a family vacation where nobody argued and they were all happy for just a day. Another shared about how he was too busy trying to hide from his Mom the day his daughter was born, and how if he could go back to any day in his life, he'd go back to that one. Before I knew it, I was weeping into toilet paper with the dog looking quizzically on.

Dear Father, please continue to break my heart for things that break yours. Please draw these precious children to your heart. Let them somehow know that they are beloved and so valuable. Somehow.

Currently listening to: Imogen Heap

2 comments:

Veronica said...

You should sell rights to your blog as inspiration for teachers :) Every time I read it, I remember why my internships are my favorite part of every semester.

Truthfully Thinking said...

Good post Emmy Sue !!