Monday, August 4, 2008

For the first time ever, I think God had a face for me. Greg, my pastor, asks us sometimes how we think God looks at us, angrily, impatiently, indifferently, kindly, etc. God never really had any expression for me. It was almost as though He himself was confused about how He should view me. But yesterday during church it was different. I went to Alex and Lydia's wedding on Saturday and it was beautiful. I thought about how Alex's face lit up when Lydia entered the sanctuary door and I realized that that is how God looks at us. Greg's talked about how the only person who could walk fearlessly into the Oval Office was John Kennedy's son, John Jr. Jesus does the same since He is the high priest, He just walks into His Father, knowing that He will be heard. Hebrews 4 says "let us come boldly to the throne of grace." We too can walk into the "Oval Office" without fear. We a delight to our God.


Alex and Lydia. What a good wedding.




real time: coffee time, aka 11:09

No comments: